As a woman, your breasts are an integral aspect of your femininity and self-image. If you are displeased with the size, shape or fullness of your breasts, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brenda Schiesel can help you achieve the look that’s right for you with breast augmentation surgery.
Current Special Offer: $4350 Breast Augmentation for surgeries booked and completed by June 1st. Cash or cash-equivalent only. If paying with major credit card, price will be $4500. Implant Type is a smooth round cohesive silicone gel implant. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
To learn how she can help you get larger, fuller breasts, please contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today online or at 918-518-5144. We proudly serve patients from across the state of Oklahoma, including Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks and other areas.
On this page, we discuss:
- What Is Breast Augmentation?
- Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Customizing Your Breast Augmentation
- Types of Breast Implants
- Choosing the Right Breast Implant Size
- Breast Implant Incision Locations
- Placement Options for Breast Implants
- Breast Augmentation Recovery and Scarring
- Why Choose Dr. Brenda Schiesel for Your Breast Enhancement?
- Schedule Your Free Breast Augmentation Consultation Today
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that is designed to enhance the size, shape and volume of your breasts using breast implants. One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the country, breast augmentation offers a number of benefits:
- Increases the size of your breasts
- Improves the shape of your breasts
- Restores lost volume from aging, weight loss or pregnancy
- Increases the firmness of your breasts
- Corrects mild sagging
- Corrects breast asymmetry
- Provides more attractive cleavage
Additionally, women who undergo breast augmentation surgery often experience a significant boost to their self esteem and feel more confident wearing swimming suits, lingerie and an array of new wardrobe options.
It’s important to understand that while breast enlargement can address the appearance of mild sagging, it is not an effective solution for significant sagging. If your primary goal is to correct sagging issues, you will likely achieve optimal results with breast lift surgery. In certain cases, Dr. Schiesel can help you get the best results by performing breast augmentation in conjunction with a breast lift. She will discuss all of your options during your initial consultation and help you determine which procedure or combination of procedures is right for your unique situation.
The FDA has placed specific age restrictions on breast augmentation procedures. Patients must be at least 18 years old for saline implants and at least 22 years old for silicone implants. In addition to these stipulations, good breast augmentation candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Don’t currently smoke, or are willing to quit prior to surgery and throughout the recovery process
- Have sufficient natural breast tissue to cover the implant
- Are near their ideal body weight
- Are not currently pregnant or breast feeding
- Have realistic expectations
- Are able to adhere to post-operative instructions
While the qualifications listed above are a helpful guideline, the best way to truly know if breast augmentation surgery is right for you is to meet personally with Dr. Schiesel in a free initial consultation. During this preliminary visit, Dr. Schiesel will assess your medical history and candidacy. She will work closely with you to understand your individual goals, answer your questions and explain all of your options.
You are unique – from your breast shape and body structure to your lifestyle and aesthetic desires. Breast augmentation can be individually tailored to fit your body and goals. There are a variety of options you can choose to ensure your results address your unique needs, including the:
- Type of breast implant
- Size of breast implant
- Type of breast augmentation incision
- Placement of the breast implant
During your initial consultation, Dr. Schiesel will discuss your goals, evaluate the condition of your breast tissue and discuss how each of these options can help you achieve your desired outcome. You will also be given a detailed pre-operative packet and informative video that explain how to prepare for your procedure as well as its risks and benefits.
Breast implants will enlarge your breasts, but truly exceptional results depend on more than just size. The best breast implant for you is the one that best matches your unique goals and lifestyle. Achieving an ideal outcome involves several factors, including the the type of implant you choose. Breast implant options include:
- Saline breast implants: This type of breast implant consists of a silicone shell that is filled with sterile saline water after the implant has been placed. This process allows for flexible volume that can be adjusted after placement. Because the saline solution is similar to the fluid that makes up most of the body, the saltwater is absorbed harmlessly in the event of a rupture.
- Silicone breast implants: This type of breast implant is pre-filled with silicone gel. Silicone implants tend to look and feel more natural than saline options and come in a variety of types, including the “gummy bear” implant, to more optimally match your natural contours.
- Gummy bear breast implants: This type of breast implant is distinguished by its unique “teardrop” shape and considerable stability. Much like their namesake, gummy bear implants can retain their shape, even when cut in half, thanks to internal cross-linking within the silicone shells.
- Fat transfer: For this approach to breast enlargement, unwanted fat is removed with liposuction from target areas of your body such as the buttocks, hips, back or abdomen. The fat from your own body is then used to increase volume in your breasts. This procedure offers the dual benefits of slimming your frame while enlarging your breasts.
There is no one-size-fits all approach to any breast surgery. Dr. Schiesel will thoroughly explain all of your options and recommend the type of breast implant that is best suited for your body and goals. Contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery to schedule your initial consultation.
One of the most crucial elements of successful breast augmentation is choosing the right size of breast implants. As an experienced breast surgeon, Dr. Schiesel knows the importance of spending time at the beginning of the process to ensure that the breast size selected is appropriate for your goals and frame.
Dr. Schiesel will assess a number of factors when recommending your best breast size, including:
- Your desired outcome
- Your current body dimensions
- The amount of breast tissue you have
- Skin elasticity
- Your lifestyle and preferred types of physical activity
The process of breast implant sizing begins at your initial consultation. Your final breast size is one of the most crucial aspects of your procedure. Dr. Schiesel will spend a considerable amount of time with you in determining what will produce the results you desire.
Dr. Schiesel will choose the ideal location for your breast augmentation incisions based on your unique situation. These incision locations include:
- Inframammary incision: This type of incision is made in the crease where your breast meets your chest. Inframammary incisions are hidden well both in and out of clothing. This is the most common type of incision placement because of the versatility and control it offers when placing an implant in any location, whether above or below the muscle.
- Peri-areolar incision: Areolar incisions are made around the nipple. This allows them to be well concealed in the change of elevation, texture and color between your breast and areola.
Another important factor to consider when designing your customized breast augmentation procedure is the placement of your breast implants. There are three primary breast implant placement options:
- Subglandular: With this method, the breast implant is placed behind the breast tissue over the chest muscle. It is an ideal choice if you have a substantial amount of natural breast tissue.
- Submuscular: With this method, the breast implant is placed beneath the chest muscle. This is an excellent option if you lack a sufficient amount of natural breast tissue.
- Dual plane: With this method, the top of the breast implant is placed below the muscle, while the bottom of the implant rests below the breast tissue. This option is well-suited if you have slightly sagging breasts - especially if you are combining a breast lift with your breast enlargement.
For most patients, recovery from breast augmentation surgery is not terribly painful, and can be managed successfully with over-the-counter pain medications instead of narcotics. Discomfort is highest the day of the surgery and the day following the procedure.
You should not do anything to raise you heart rate or blood pressure for up to three weeks after surgery. Do not lift anything more than 10 pounds for at least four weeks after the procedure and nothing more than 20 pounds for six weeks.
To ensure your results are progressing as expected, Dr. Schiesel will schedule follow-up appointments at one week, three weeks and six weeks. She provides her cell phone number to patients, so you can always get ahold of her with any questions or concerns.
Every surgical procedure leads to some degree of scarring, and breast augmentation is no exception. Dr. Schiesel does everything possible to minimize your scarring, and she will strategically place your breast augmentation incisions in a location that will ensure the scars are as discreet as possible.
There are a number of factors that will impact your level of scarring following breast augmentation:
- Diet and lifestyle choices
- Overall health
- Breast implant incision location
- Breast implant type
- Skin health
- Skin type
- How closely you follow Dr. Schiesel’s post-operative instructions
Dr. Schiesel will discuss these factors and explain how to best minimize scarring prior to your procedure.
When considering breast augmentation, your choice of plastic surgeon should be a top priority. The skill and experience of your plastic surgeon will have a tremendous effect on your final results. One of the first things you should demand from any plastic surgeon is certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. This distinction verifies that your surgeon has been specifically trained and tested in the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Brenda Schiesel is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. She has a proven history of delivering elegant, natural-looking results.
As one of the few women plastic surgeons in the Tulsa area, Dr. Schiesel also offers a level of understanding, compassion and female perspective that you won’t find anywhere else. You may find it easier to be frank about your body issues with someone who knows what it’s like to live in a woman’s body and has an intimate understanding of female anatomy.
While many of Dr. Schiesel’s patients seek her out because of her exceptional credentials and consistently beautiful results, it is her passion for patient-focused care that sets her apart. When you work with Dr. Schiesel, you will never be treated like a number. She will take the time to know you and your unique goals. She will explain all of your treatment options and empower you with the knowledge to make informed decisions about your care. Her uncompromising commitment to excellence ensures that your results will be second to none.
If you live in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks or other area in Oklahoma and want to learn more about your breast augmentation options and candidacy, please contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today by calling 918-518-5144 or completing the form on this page. We look forward to meeting you!