Signs of aging can begin to appear as early as your mid to late twenties. The components in your body that help maintain a youthful complexion start to decrease in production during these years. That loss of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid often shows up in the face in the form of lines, wrinkles, folds, and volume loss, making you appear older. While these changes are visible, you don't necessarily need plastic surgery to restore a younger look. At South Tulsa Plastic Surgery, we offer non-surgical injectable treatments designed to target specific signs of aging, such as crow's feet, sunken cheeks, and frown lines.
If you're interested in injectables such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Juvéderm™, contact our Nurse Injector in Tulsa today at (918) 518-5144 to schedule your consultation. South Tulsa Plastic Surgery offers plastic surgery and cosmetic treatments to patients in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and surrounding areas, including Owasso, Jenks, and Broken Arrow.
What are Injectables?
Injectables offer non-surgical facial rejuvenation. By skillfully injecting a neuromodulator or a dermal filler, our Certified Aesthetic Injector can temporarily reverse specific signs of aging. Neuromodulators suspend muscle movement to smoothen lines and wrinkles, and dermal fillers restore lost volume to several areas of the face to "fill in" moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. Some injectables are excellent for lip enhancement as well.
Neuromodulators use botulinum toxin to address lines and wrinkles that form due to repeated muscle movement and expressions. They immobilize these muscles by blocking the signals sent through your nervous system to smoothen out crow's feet, forehead lines, and frown lines between the brows. The most commonly known neuromodulator is BOTOX® Cosmetic, but other injectables offer additional benefits such as Jeuveau®, which is referred to as "Newtox."
These neuromodulator injectables can provide a smooth complexion for several months, depending on the product, and repeat treatments are required to maintain results. As they deal with muscle movements, neuromodulators are also an effective treatment for some medical conditions such as eyelid spasms, migraine headaches, and cervical dystonia.
Dermal Filler Injectables
Most dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in your body but decreases as you age, making it difficult for your skin to absorb and maintain moisture. Hyaluronic acid fillers provide a supple look and promote the production of collagen to restore lost volume in multiple areas, including the cheeks, chin, and eyes.
Injectables We Offer
Stacy Driver, our Nurse Injector, offers these injectables at South Tulsa Plastic Surgery:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Approved for smile lines (marionette lines), crow's feet (wrinkles on the outer edges of the eyes), frown lines between the brows (glabellar lines), and forehead lines.
- Jeuveau®: Addresses glabellar lines between the brows.
- Xeomin®: Treats moderate to severe glabellar lines, cervical dystonia, and blepharospasm (eyelid twitching).
- Dysport®: A neuromodulator that addresses lines and wrinkles in the forehead, between the brows, crow's feet, and vertical lip lines.
- Juvéderm™ Dermal Fillers: The Juvéderm™ filler family hydrates the skin and adds volume to address deep folds, lines, wrinkles, and volume loss. Juvéderm™ also offers lip augmentation.
- Restylane®: Dermal filler approved for moderate to severe lines and wrinkles including marionette lines, nasolabial folds, vertical lip lines, frown lines, sunken cheeks, lip enhancement, and volume loss in eyes, jaw, and chin.
- Revanesse® Versa™: Approved for moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds in the face such as nasolabial folds.
The right injectable for your cosmetic goals depends on your facial concerns and the cause of the wrinkle formation or volume loss. We can help you determine the best way to achieve a smooth, youthful look with non-surgical facial rejuvenation during your initial consultation.
Contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery About Non-Surgical Treatments
If you're interested in non-surgical facial rejuvenation with injectables, contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today at (918) 518-5144 to see if these treatments are right for you. Our board-certified female plastic surgeon and nurse injector serve patients in the surrounding areas of Tulsa, Oklahoma, including Jenks, Broken Arrow, and Owasso.