Your face is the first area to show signs of aging, and that can happen as early as your mid-twenties when collagen production slows down naturally. Lines, wrinkles, and volume loss settle in and worsen as you get older. Dermal fillers such as the Juvéderm™ family can restore a smooth, supple complexion without invasive plastic surgery. The visible toll that age, environmental factors, and lifestyle habits take on your facial appearance can be safely and effectively treated with Juvéderm™, so you feel beautiful on the inside and out.
If you’re interested in Juvéderm™ dermal fillers or have questions, contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today at (918) 518-5144 to schedule your consultation. Our Certified Nurse Injector in Tulsa will help you determine the best way to improve your facial appearance with injectables.
Juvéderm™ Dermal Filler Options
Juvéderm™ dermal fillers are often called the "liquid facelift‚" because of the excellent results patients can achieve without needing facial plastic surgery. The Juvéderm™ product line uses hyaluronic acid to give you youthful, taut skin and a rejuvenated complexion. Our Nurse Injector will help you identify which type of Juvederm™ or injectable will best accomplish your cosmetic goals. Each Juvéderm™ option is FDA-approved and offers specific benefits for areas of your face, including:
- Juvéderm™ XC treats moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth called parentheses lines for up to one year.
- Juvéderm™ Ultra XC restores volume to treat nasolabial folds (known as "smile lines" that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth), parentheses lines, vertical lip lines and is also used for lip augmentation for up to one year.
- Juvéderm VOLUMA® XC treats volume loss in the cheeks and other facial areas for a lifted, youthful facial contour for up to two years.
- Juvéderm VOLBELLA® XC is designed to enhance the size of the lips and smoothen lip lines for up to two years.
- Juvéderm VOLLURE® XC softens facial lines and wrinkles around the mouth and nose for up to 18 months.
What Causes the Skin to Age?
Your skin goes through many changes throughout your life. The natural aging process means that certain chemicals and proteins in your body start to decrease. Collagen is a protein found in your connective tissues, bones, skin, and muscles. It provides structure and support to these critical parts of your body, and its strength and abundance decreases starting in your twenties, which shows up in your skin, causing volume loss and wrinkle formation.
Elastin is another protein found in your body that helps your skin and connective tissues bounce back from muscle movements, expressions, weight gain and loss, and other changes. This essential component is what snaps your skin back into position after you’re pinched or poked. The naturally occurring chemical Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is also responsible for a youthful appearance by retaining water in your connective tissues, eyes, and skin, among other places. As HA decreases as you get older, your body loses the ability to bind to water molecules, causing volume loss and visible wrinkling.
The natural decrease in the production of collagen, HA, and elastin are unavoidable. However, there are lifestyle and environmental factors that can cause your skin to prematurely age and make you look older than you actually are, which includes:
- Sun exposure
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Large fluctuations in weight
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise
While a proper diet and healthy habits can slow down the aging process, lines and wrinkles and volume loss are inevitable. Juvéderm™ dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid, which restores supple skin and also promotes the production of collagen. Depending on the type of Juvéderm™, your results could last one year or longer.
Read what our patients are saying!
- "My experience was great. Dr. Schiesel took the time to listen to my concerns and give me her honest opinion of what could be done and what wouldn't work. She was upfront with me about everything. As I was healing if I had any questions she was a phone call/text away. I am very pleased with the work I had done and I would recommend her!" - Google Review
- "Dr. Schiesel is simply the best. She and her staff go above and beyond to make sure you are well taken care of from the first visit to the last. Stacey is an amazing injector. You will not regret any services done at this practice. You can be sure you will be getting the best of the best." - M.B.
- "Dr. Schiesel is the nicest person she cares about your approval of her work. Very Kind bedside manner, I highly recommend her and her staff!!" - C.A.
Contact Us Today!
If you struggle with visible signs of aging, contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today at (918) 518-5144 to schedule your Juvéderm™ consultation. Our board-certified female plastic surgeon and nurse injector offer plastic surgery and non-surgical injectable treatments to patients in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as well as Jenks, Owasso, and Broken Arrow.