Youthful skin. It’s a goal that humans have had for aeons. As new technologies have been developed, it has become easier to foster ongoing smoothness and suppleness. We are excited to offer one of the latest innovations in skin rejuvenation, BBL HERO™ from Sciton. This full-body rejuvenation device delivers astounding benefits through precision design that:
- Is 4x faster than other laser and light treatments. BBL HERO takes less time to treat larger areas.
- Has 3x the peak power. Most other devices deliver pulses of peak power every 10 milliseconds. The BBL HERO device delivers pulses of high peak power every 3 milliseconds.
- Features 2x the cooling power of other devices. This robust cooling effect allows the device to deliver peak power in more frequent bursts without increased discomfort and thermal damage.
Who is a candidate for the BBL Hero?
The BBL HERO platform has numerous cosmetic applications, making it capable of correcting multiple concerns at one time. You may be a good candidate for this BBL treatment if you want to:
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Reduce the frequency and severity of acne breakouts.
- Eliminate spider veins, vascular lesions, rosacea, or cherry angiomas.
- Revive and rejuvenate your skin to look younger and more resilient.
BBL HERO is a thermal energy treatment so may be best suited for adults that are lower on the Fitzpatrick skin type scale. If you are interested in skin rejuvenation with BBL HERO, we will conduct a thorough consultation and skin examination to assess your risk of experiencing pigment changes due to treatment. If your risk is high, we can discuss alternatives to BBL HERO.
Is BBL Hero treatment painful?
The BBL HERO device is built for power and comfort. Treatment works using broad-spectrum visible and infrared light to selectively target various layers of the skin. It is completely noninvasive and includes built-in cooling mechanisms to prevent overheating. The BBL handpiece features an integrated, thermoelectrically cooled, sapphire crystal that maintains consistent temperature in relation to the energy level applied.
How can I prepare for BBL treatment?
Because BBL HERO is a light-based treatment, there may be a few activity restrictions before your appointment, as well as after. To adequately prepare for BBL HERO treatment, your provider may advise you to do the following:
- Strictly avoid excessive sun exposure beginning 4 weeks before BBL treatment. No tanning. No tanning beds. No sunless tanning lotions.
- Discontinue the use of strong retinol products such as Retin-A, Differin, and Renova. These topicals cause the skin to become more sensitive to light so could increase the risk of discoloration.
- Alert your provider if you have a history of cold sores, fever blisters, or herpes. Laser and light treatments could trigger an outbreak. To minimize this risk, patients may receive a prescription medication to begin taking about 5 days before their appointment.
What is recovery like?
BBL HERO treatment doesn’t require downtime in the same way surgical procedures do. However, because the skin may go through physical and cosmetic changes during the 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure, some patients limit their professional and social activity for a short time.
After BBL treatment, the following may occur:
- Intense redness, warmth, and stinging or burning. You may feel like you have a pretty good sunburn after your BBL HERO treatment. This side effect typically resolves over the course of the day after the procedure. You may apply cool compresses to alleviate any discomfort the warmth causes.
- Brown spots or patches may develop. These typically darken and dry up over the course of a few days. They may feel like coffee grounds on the epidermis. Do not pick or rub these spots. They will fall off naturally.
Your provider may advise you to apply a mild moisturizer twice a day for a week to prevent your skin from becoming too dry. You should continue avoiding retinol products for at least one week following BBL HERO treatment, and should avoid sun exposure and sunless tanners for one month.
What should I expect from my results?
BBL HERO permanently destroys the pigmented lesions it targets. Patients can expect to achieve noticeably softer, smoother, brighter skin as new cells come to the surface to replace those that have been sloughed off. Aging occurs on a continuum and tends to progress more quickly when sun care is lacking. Patients who want to prolong the effects of BBL HERO treatment are encouraged to take excellent care of their skin. This includes wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen daily and using quality skincare products as directed.
Will I need to get more than one session of the BBL hero for the best results?
A single BBL HERO treatment stimulates the generation of healthy new skin cells. The corrective process is dramatic but may not be enough for every situation to achieve the desired outcome with just one appointment. Typically, patients begin to notice more radiant, even skin after their first session. Through a series of 3 to 4 sessions, redness, rosacea, and sun damage gradually disappear. We do our best to provide the most accurate estimate of treatment based on the information we gather during your consultation visit.
Schedule Your Consultation
Foster the beauty in your skin by contacting South Tulsa Plastic Surgery for a personalized consultation! Call (918) 518-5144 to learn more about BBL HERO treatment, or click here to send us an Appointment Request Form. We look forward to serving you!