Dr. Brenda Schiesel is a board-certified plastic surgeon and native Oklahoman. She has extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery and focuses on providing the best outcome for her patients. Her commitment to your results and individualized treatment sets her apart from other Tulsa plastic surgeons. Dr. Schiesel has received numerous awards and achieved outstanding academic accomplishments throughout her college career and residency program. She's driven to continue building and enhancing her practice, South Tulsa Plastic Surgery.
If you’re interested in plastic surgery, contact Dr. Schiesel in Tulsa, Oklahoma today at (918) 518-5144 to schedule your in-depth consultation. We serve patients in nearby areas such as Jenks, Broken Arrow, and Owasso.
Dr. Schiesel is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and completed her plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas. Her specialties include:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Butt Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Men’s Plastic Surgery Procedures
Education & Experience
Brenda Schiesel earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Cell and Molecular Biology from Oklahoma State University (OSU) where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.977 GPA. Before entering medical school, Dr. Schiesel served as an emergency room technician, medical aestheticians and dermatological assistant and medical office assistant. While in graduate school, she was a teaching assistant in the Zoology Department at OSU and a research assistant in the Department of Biochemistry.
She earned her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2009 with a 4.0 GPA and at the top of her class. Dr. Schiesel then went on to do her residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center and started her career as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon at the Plastic Surgery Center of Tulsa. Dr. Schiesel began her practice, South Tulsa Plastic Surgery, in September 2018.
Awards & Accomplishments
Throughout her college and medical school experience, Dr. Schiesel was a member of several Honor Societies and received multiple awards, grants, and scholarships including:
- OSU-COM Academic Award of Excellence
- OEFOM Bob E. Jones Scholarship Awards
- OSU-CHS Alumni Scholarship
- OSU-COM Biochemistry Award
- OSU-COM Pharmacology Award
- Academic Hall of Fame
- Parman Foundation Scholarship
- President’s Leadership Council Scholarship
- OSU Regents’ Distinguished Scholar
- Sigma Sigma Phi Honor Society
- Cell & Molecular Biology Outstanding Senior
- Alta “Sally” Dumont Scholarship
- College of Arts & Sciences Top Ten Senior
- Virginia Richmond Scholarship
- OSU Top Ten Senior Finalist
- James E. Webster Biochemistry Award
- President’s List of Distinguished Students
- AOF Welch Scholars Grant
- Phi Lambda Upsilon Chemical Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Elks’ National Foundation MVS Award
- Top Twenty Freshman Woman
- The Bank N.A. Scholarship
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Robert W. Loftis Memorial Scholarship
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Auxiliary to Tulsa Osteopathic Medical Society Scholarship
- KUMC GME Resident Council
- KUMC EMR Resident Consultant Leadership
- KUMC Women in Medicine & Science
- Christian Medical Association
- Kansas City Young Variety Volunteer
- Osteopathic Research Association
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity
- President’s Leadership Council
Dr. Schiesel is an active member of her community and enjoys playing classical piano, interior decorating, thoroughbred horse racing, and gardening. She served on a medical missions trip to Mexico and has volunteered for several health fairs. Brenda Schiesel has also volunteered or participated in the March of Dimes, Relay for Life, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital Up ‘Til Dawn, and was a Vacation School Bible Teacher. She was a tour guide for the Vietnam War Moving Wall Memorial and on the President’s Leadership Council Conclave and Educational Foundation Grant Committee.
Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. Schiesel in Tulsa
Brenda Schiesel, D.O. is one of few female plastic surgeons in the Tulsa area. Her outstanding education and experience within the plastic and reconstructive surgery field offer our patients the best care possible in achieving their cosmetic goals.
If you’re interested in plastic surgery or have questions, please contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery in Tulsa, Oklahoma today at (918) 518-5144 or fill out our online contact form. Dr. Schiesel serves patients in nearby areas, including Broken Arrow, Owasso, and Jenks.