Butt lift surgery is an increasingly popular procedure that enhances the shape, volume and overall look of the buttocks. If you would like to improve the appearance of your backside, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brenda Schiesel can help you reach your aesthetic goals and achieve the attractive backside you desire.
To learn more about the butt lift options available at South Tulsa Plastic Surgery, including the Brazilian butt lift, please call 918-518-5144 today to schedule a free initial consultation with Dr. Schiesel. We serve Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks and nearby areas of Oklahoma.
What Is a Butt Lift?
A butt lift is a body contouring procedure that is designed to create a more toned, sculpted buttocks region. It can help you feel more confident about a derriere that:
- Has lost volume over time
- Is loose or sagging
- Has a flat or square appearance
- Has an unbalanced appearance compared to your upper half
- Is too small for your frame
- Prevents you from finding bikini bottoms that fit properly
If your buttocks have always lacked an attractive shape, or if you have noticed a change in your butt’s perkiness, size or shape as a result of pregnancy, weight loss or aging, a butt lift can provide a full, round, attractive appearance.
Types of Butt Lift
There are two basic types of butt lift:
- Butt lift and/or butt liposuction: This procedure reduces excess fat and skin of the buttocks. Fat is removed through liposuction, excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is tightened.
- Brazilian butt lift: This procedure enhances the size and shape of your butt with fat transfer injections.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Schiesel will evaluate your buttocks, explain your options and determine which butt lift method is best suited for your unique body and goals.
Am I a Good Butt Lift Candidate?
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your bottom, butt lift surgery may be an ideal solution. You may be a good butt lift candidate if you:
- Are in good overall health
- Have adequate amounts of excess fat for fat transfer
- Have flat buttocks and want to enhance the prominence of your backside
- Have realistic expectations
The list above is a very basic guideline. The best way to truly know if a butt lift is right for you is to meet personally with Dr. Schiesel for a private, free initial consultation. During this confidential, one-on-one meeting, she will work with you to understand your goals and evaluate your candidacy for the procedure.
How is a Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
Have you ever wished you could take fat from one part of your body and move it to another part of you frame to create an hour-glass figure? The Brazilian butt lift does just that. It enhances the appearance of your bottom through a method of fat transfer. This highly sought-after technique utilizes your own fat from an area of excess, such as your back or belly, and transfers it to your buttocks.
If you want to enhance the volume and overall shape of your bottom and do not have a lot of sagging skin, the Brazilian butt lift may be an ideal option. Some benefits of this process include:
- Removes fat from areas of excess
- Creates an elegant hour-glass shape
- No artificial materials
- Uses your own natural fat cells
- Creates stunning, natural-looking results
During the process, fat is removed with liposuction, then purified and injected into the buttocks to enhance its shape and volume. Dr. Schiesel will create an attractive shape that compliments your figure and proportions, improving your overall confidence and appearance.
Where Does the Fat for a BBL Come From?
Fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift typically comes from the thighs, abdomen, flanks, low back, or another area with fat to spare. The sculpting and toning of an additional area of the body is an often overlooked benefit of BBL surgery.
Does a Butt Lift Leave Scars?
While all surgical procedures can leave a scar, the incisions needed for butt lift surgery are very small. You can reduce the risk of noticeable scars by following our pre and postoperative directions, keeping your incisions dry and clean, reducing strain and pressure on your incisions, and using a compression garment during the recovery process.
If scars develop, scar revision ointments or silicone scar sheets can help to reduce their appearance. So too can some non-surgical skin resurfacing treatments. In the unlikely event you develop noticeable scars after BBL, we would be happy to discuss these options in greater detail.
How Long Will it Take to Recover from Buttock Augmentation?
Initial recovery takes around two weeks. You may be able to resume work within one week, but you will need to sit on a donut cushion to prevent straining your incisions. You must also avoid strenuous activity and sleep on your back during this time. Depending on your body’s natural healing response, you may feel back to “normal” within four to six weeks.
During your recovery from BBL, you will visit our office for regularly scheduled follow-ups. Dr. Schiesel uses these to answer questions, address concerns, and assess healing, enabling her to determine when it is safe for you to resume specific tasks, such as advanced exercises.
Are There any Risks with BBL Surgery?
Surgical risks accompany all surgical procedures. These include bleeding, infection, and poor reactions to anesthesia. However, these risks are reduced when you work with a board-certified surgeon like Dr. Schiesel, who performs buttock augmentation in an accredited surgical center.
Risks specific to butt lift surgery include asymmetrical results, poor incision healing, nerve damage, and changes in skin color. As with general surgical risks, these are already rare and made more so by choosing an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon to perform the procedure. You further reduce risks when you carefully follow all of the directions provided by our office.
Are the Results from Buttock Lift Permanent?
Results from Brazilian butt lift surgery can be permanent. While transferred fat will not simply fade away, as time passes, gravity, lifestyle choice, environmental factors, and genetics can allow for volume loss and sagging to occur once again. You can help to delay this issue and maintain your BBL results by eating a healthy diet, committing to daily exercise, and building more substantial gluteal muscles.
It may take up to three months for your results to settle fully. Then, if additional sculpting is needed, a secondary procedure can be performed. During your initial consultation, Dr. Schiesel will carefully address your frame, discuss your surgical options, and help you understand what you can realistically expect from your procedure.
- "Dr. Schiesel and her staff are my angels! Every person she works with is so wonderful! They take such good care of you from the time you step in the door for a consultation ot post-surgery! Dr. Schiesel and her surgical staff at OSU med are awesome, she always advocates for the patient and goes above and beyond! From holding your hand when you get wheeled in for surgery, to calling you personally to make sure you are doing so well! If you ever need anything done this is the place to go!"
- "Love this doctor and her staff!! My results are fantastic and she is very caring, she listens and she has a wonderful bedside manner! If you are looking for a down to earth doctor that stands behind her work and gives great result look no further!! I will definitely go to her for any future work!!" - S.L.
- "Dr. Schiesel and her staff are all incredibly kind people. They all made me feel so comfortable with the decision to have my procedure. I would recommend her work to anyone! I will be back in the future for sure." - K.N.
Schedule Your Free Butt Lift Consultation Today
If you are ready to have a beautiful, sculpted rear end, contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery today at 918-518-5144 to schedule a free initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brenda Schiesel. Our state-of-the-art office welcomes men and women from Tulsa, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Owasso and other Oklahoma communities.