What is Restylane?
Restylane® is the trade name for a family of dermal fillers designed to address signs of aging throughout the face. With hyaluronic acid as the active ingredient, the Restylane® family of dermal fillers offer results for six to 18 months depending on the formulation used and the area of the body that has been treated. Maintenance treatments can be performed as needed to help ensure longer-lasting results.
If you are interested in learning more about Restylane® or a similar nonsurgical facial rejuvenation option, please call South Tulsa Plastic Surgery at 918-518-5144 to schedule your initial consultation today. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brenda Schiesel welcomes patients from Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks, and all surrounding areas of Oklahoma.
How is Restylane® different compared to other Dermal Fillers?
Restylane fillers are granular and cohesive where some other fillers are smooth. This changes how Restylane® dermal fillers interact with the body and makes them better suited for specific purposes, such as adding volume to the cheeks.
Restylane® Dermal Filler Options
Restylane® offers a selection of dermal fillers, each formulated to address specific concerns and treatment areas. These include:
- Nasolabial folds, treatable with Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne
- Hollow or sunken cheeks, treatable with Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine
- Midface contour deficiencies, treatable with Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine
- Perioral wrinkles, treatable with Restylane® Silk, and Restylane® Kysse
- Thin or asymmetrical lips, treatable with Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Silk, and Restylane® Kysse
- Chin retrusion, treatable with Restylane® Defyne
- The back of the hands, treatable with Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine
The Restylane® family includes fillers designed for mild to moderate facial folds and wrinkles along with those formulated for more severe and obvious signs of aging. The best way to learn which one of these options is right for your specific needs is through a one-on-one consultation at our comfortable Tulsa location.
What are the benefits of choosing Restylane® to restore lost volume in the face?
Restylane® was approved by the FDA in 1996 and has a long and studied history of safety and efficacy. This alone makes Restylane® fillers a good fit for some patients. Well-tolerated and with a diverse range of benefits, Restylane® fillers can reverse signs of aging, add volume to hollow areas of the face, and create a softer, more youthful appearance for up to 18 months.
Who is a candidate for Restylane®?
Good Restylane® candidates are men and women who are experiencing a loss of volume in the face or those who wish to augment the cheeks, lips, or chin. Restylane® products may not be as effective for people with darker skin, nor should they be used by individuals who are allergic to any of the ingredients. At South Tulsa Plastic Surgery, we offer a comprehensive range of non-surgical treatments. During your initial consultation, we will carefully assess your areas of concern and guide you towards the treatments that will be most beneficial for your needs.
How does Restylane® treatment work?
Restylane® is injected into the mid or deep dermis, depending on the formulation and the treatment area. Once injected, Restylane® increases the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin, helping to produce a fuller, softer, wrinkle-free appearance.
How long does a Restylane® treatment take?
Restylane® injections can be completed in our office over the course of a lunch hour. Some treatments take around 15 minutes, but it may take up to one hour to complete injections depending on several factors unique to your situation. The best way to learn how long your Restylane® treatment will take is through a one-on-one consultation at South Tulsa Plastic Surgery.
Is there any downtime after a Restylane® treatment?
There is no downtime following Restylane® treatment. Some swelling, bruising, or redness in the injection area may be present for one to two weeks, but these should not impact daily activities. Most people are able to resume normalcy immediately after receiving injections.
How long will my Restylane® results last?
Results from Restylane® are typically visible within two weeks and can continue to produce a softer and more youthful appearance for up to 18 months. This is dependent on the formulation used, the area treated your age at the time of treatment, the condition of your skin at the time of treatment, and how well you take care of yourself (diet, exercise, skincare, environment, and more) in the months following treatment.
Honest and upfront, we will help you determine how long your results may last during your initial consultation. Maintenance injections can be scheduled as needed to help maintain your results.
What are the side effects of Restylane®?
While generally safe and well-tolerated, injections do come with some risks. These include bruising or bleeding at the injection site, allergic reaction, infection, and undesirable results. At South Tulsa Plastic Surgery, our dermal filler treatments are performed by experienced and licensed nurse injectors and overseen by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brenda Schiesel. While these things do not guarantee a risk-free treatment, they do help protect you from the greater risks of going to an inexperienced injector or a poorly managed practice, which can greatly increase the risk of infection, bruising, and poor results.
Read what our patients are saying!
- " Dr. Schiesel and her team are the best anyone can ask for. She changed my life completely. I cannot recommend her enough." - S.W.
- "Absolutely love Dr. Schiesel! I felt comfortable from my very 1st visit. Between her and her staff, I am very pleased with my whole experience! She gave me exactly what I was wanting to be done, answered all of my questions, some before I even thought to ask. Having a female doctor really does make a difference! Would recommend her a 1000 times!" - B.O.
- " Dr. Schiesel is an amazing doctor. Thank you for changing our lives. My wife is more healthy and her overall self-esteem has been forever changed. We could not have expected any better results than you provided. Wishing you the greatest success in your practice!" - T.H.
Contact South Tulsa Plastic Surgery to Learn More!
Please call South Tulsa Plastic Surgery at 918-518-5144 to schedule your consultation today. Located in Tulsa, Dr. Schiesel and her remarkable staff welcome patients from Sapulpa, Collinsville, Bixby, and all surrounding Oklahoma communities.